- has accrued or expects to accrue a tax liability under the Income Tax Act or the VAT Act, 2013.
- expects to manufacture or import excisable goods; or
- expects to supply excisable services
- Similar 30 days notice required on ceasing to meet registration requirements for tax.
- Failure to comply - penalty of KES 100,000 per month or part thereof subject to a cap of KES 1 million
The Commissioner may with a notice in writing:
- refuse to register a person within 14 days;
- register a person without an application. (s.8(9));
- exempt a person from registration. (s.8(9));
Any person carrying on a business shall, within 30 days of occurence of a change, notify the commissioner of any changes.